The 18th version of EA Sports' popular NHL video game, NHL 10 is loaded with features sure to please both established fans of the series and its community, as well as those coming to it for the first time. Just a few of these features include extreme team customization of equipment and uniforms, monthly chances to win the EA Sports Hockey League Cup via the Seasons Mode, multiplayer support both online and locally, four game styles (casual, default, normal and hardcore) and the new first-person fighting feature that lets players start a fight with the tap of a face button.
Award Winning Action on the Ice
The first-person fighting feature makes picking a fight as simple as pushing a face button.
On the heels of capturing 12 Sports Game of the Year awards, the platinum-selling franchise returns with NHL 10. Take to the ice as the deafening sound from a towel-waving crowd ignites an arena while the hope of an entire franchise and the dreams of thousands of fans rest upon your shoulders. Using a physical style or playing with finesses, prove you’re tough enough to battle the most skilled hockey players in the world in your pursuit of the ultimate prize—the Stanley Cup Championship. Inspire your teammates, carry a franchise, and make history with NHL 10. Key Game Features
- New Battle for the Cup Mode — Experience the intensity of NHL playoff hockey. Play through injuries, intimidate rivals, and match lines as storylines carry across the entire series.
- Build a Stanley Cup Champion — All-new GM mode lets you scout amateurs, put players on the trading block, hire staff, and earn experience points to become a legendary GM.
- Battle on the Boards — Shield the puck with your body, kick-pass it to teammates, or pin your opponent against the boards with an all-new board play engine.
- All-New First-Person Fighting — Change the momentum by trading blows with an NHL enforcer. Tug an opponent’s jersey to gain an advantage—before or after the whistle.
- Become the Ultimate Pro — Improve your draft status by dominating the prospects game, then use new coaching tips, improved teammate AI, and detailed position instructions as you build the ultimate career.
- Capture Multiple Championships — The coveted EA Sports Hockey League Cup is always up for grabs as new seasons start on a monthly basis online.
- New Intimidation Tactics — Fore-check defenders, pressure the puck, and finish checks to force your opponent into mistakes, as players fatigue, bobble passes, and avoid collisions under threat of physical pressure.
- All-New Post-Whistle Action — The ação never stops. Antagonize opposing players, finish checks, retaliate for late shots on goal, draw penalties, and pick fights—all after the referee blows the whistle.
- Multiplayer Support - Enjoy 2-7 player support locally and 2-12 player support online, with Xbox Achievements via Xbox LIVE.